Designing effective compensation strategies within a partnership structure (or an LLC taxed as a partnership) can be a complex endeavor, and finding education on the topic is virtually non-existent. To that end, we are providing a FREE webinar entitled “Compensation Design Issues within a Partnership/LLC Structure” (day and time set forth below). The purpose of this program is to share practical ideas for incentivizing and retaining executives within a partnership or LLC structure, including discussing design points on the topic of:
- grants of capital interests, profits interests and/or phantom interests to key employees;
- how to structure employer-provided loans to key employees for the latter to purchase capital interests;
- structuring vesting schedules, economic forfeiture provisions and certain employment conditions that can trigger employer-favorable repurchase rights (i.e., terminated for Cause or quit without Good Reason);
- change-in-control pay considerations that are unique to partnerships and LLCs;
- pre-IPO considerations; and
- annual or transaction-related cash bonuses.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, June 11, 2020 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am Central, and you can sign up HERE.