Just a quick reminder that this Thursday (March 14, 2019) we are hosting our monthly webinar program and the discussion topic is “Golden Parachutes & 280G: Design Pointers on How to Win.” Our discussion will include: (i) an explanation of 280G and how the calculations are applied, (ii) how 280G issues are typically addressed in compensatory documents (discussed from both an employer and employee perspective), and (iii) a description of various mitigation techniques that an employer could implement to eliminate or greatly reduce the negative ramifications of 280G (i.e., eliminate or reduce the 20% excise tax to the employee and the disallowed deduction to the employer). And as always, FREE continuing education credits may apply.
As we head into a new proxy season, we would like to invite you to attend our annual FREE webinar entitled “Upcoming Proxy Season: Compensatory Thoughts from ISS,” which will be held on Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am Central. As always, continuation education credits are available.
For your convenience, our remaining 2019 monthly webinar program is as follows: Continue Reading Upcoming Proxy Season: Compensatory Thoughts from ISS
If you interested in learning (or refreshing your skills on) how to negotiate executive employment contracts, then please tune in to our FREE 1-hour webinar on December 13, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Central. This webinar is entitled “How to Negotiate Executive Employment Agreements” and you can sign up here. Continue Reading How to Negotiate Executive Employment Contracts
The purpose of this post is to quickly highlight that we have published our Executive Compensation Webinar Schedule for all of 2019. As background, I have been providing this monthly webinar series since 2010 (it is a constant that I look forward to every month). Our programs are intended to provide FREE educational training (i.e., we take a compensation topic, make it narrow, and then try to teach it A-Z), which is why we are able to publish the list a year in advance. Free continuation education credits apply! Sign up here. Our topics, dates and times for the remainder of 2018 and all of calendar year 2019 are as follows:
Remainder of 2018
- Taxation of Equity Awards: The 101 Training Course (11/8/2018)
- How to Negotiate Executive Employment Contracts (12/13/2018)
- Upcoming Proxy Season: Compensatory Thoughts from ISS (an Annual Program) (1/17/2019)
- Equity Awards: Design Tips for Navigating Blackout Periods (2/14/2019)
- Golden Parachutes & 280G: Design Pointers on How to be a Winner (3/14/2019)
- Best Practices for Conducting the Compensation Committee Meeting (4/11/2019)
- Anatomy of ISS (5/9/2019)
- Tips to Increase the Longevity of the Equity Plan’s Share Reserve (6/13/2019)
- Multi-Disciplinary Facets to Net Withholding: It Ain’t Boring (7/11/2019)
- Everything Perquisites: The 101 Training Course (8/8/2019)
- Preparing for Proxy Season: Start Now (an Annual Program) (9/12/2019)
- Stock Ownership Policies & Clawback Policies: Design Pointers (10/10/2019)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans: The Introductory Course (11/14/2019)
- How to Design Restrictive Covenants & Economic Forfeitures (12/12/2019)
Publicly-traded issuers losing (or about to lose) Emerging Growth Company (“EGC”) status will have to include a CD&A within their proxy statement. Since CD&A disclosure significantly drives compensation design, issuers losing EGC status will need to consider various business points that will likely change their compensatory programs. Such business points include: (i) memorializing a compensation philosophy, (ii) establishing performance incentives that “disclose” well, (iii) discussing compensation governance mechanisms, and (iv) deciding whether to appease the thoughts from institutional shareholder advisory services such as ISS. Sound easy enough? Yes, but only if the Compensation Committee is adequately informed and has time to consider and implement any compensatory changes.
On October 11, 2018 (10:00 am Central), we are hosting a webinar entitled “Compensation Changes Due to Loss of EGC Status (Phase II of II).” The purpose of this webinar is to discuss business points that an issuer losing EGC status will need to consider with respect to its compensatory programs. Click here to register: “Compensation Changes Due to Loss of EGC Status (Phase II of II).” And as always, our monthly webinar series is FREE. Continue Reading Compensation Changes Due to Loss of EGC Status